- "I wonder how many people I've looked at all my life and never seen".
- "A little hope, even hopeless hope, never hurt anybody".
- I didn't want to sleep. I wanted to go on fully tasting how good it felt".
- "To be alive at all is to have scars".
- "Some men require a house and history to reassure themselves that they exist".
- "We can shoot rockets to space but we can't cure anger or discontent".
- "Maybe I'm learning little by little. Mostly I'm learning how much I don't know".
Saturday, March 10, 2012
The Winter of Our Discontent
Here are my top lines from his novel The Winter of Our Discontent